Friday, August 15, 2008

fun and exciting times...

written January 21, 2008

With Jess at applebees...yes, so I left work at 7 so I could run some errands, eat some chicken wings for dinner, study my cost accounting a little, and be in bed by about 11.

I should've known to be careful after the coinstar machine at Safeway was broke and I chose the wrong pair of shoes at Lady Foot Locker.

But, I wasn't. I decided to lock my keys in my car, and roommate (aka Sarah G.) who was with me decided to leave her coat in the car (which has the spare in it). So we trek over to applebees to get some chicken wings.

Well, I begin the avid search for a friend with triple a who will let me bum an unlock from them (the last few times a similar situation has happened I have made the mental note to get triple a...too bad I never followed through with that mental note).

After calling approximately 7 people, I finally found a friend with triple a!!! Yay!!! So Ryan saves the day again and says he'll be here in about an hour. Giving me plenty of time to enjoy my chicken wings. Well, then I notice my chickens wings start "bawking" at me (which means they weren't cooked all the way). So, I politely ask the waitress to have the cook fry some more up for me, preferably killing them completely before serving them to me. So I get my chicken wings (by this time its happy hour so they're half off) shortly followed by my oriental chicken salad.

Then, the cops come...no, not after me. After some car. They immediately cuff the driver and tell the passenger to get lost. (At least that's what appeared to happen).

And then Ryan calls and says triple a will be at least 90 minutes...so, here's to a wonderful evening at applebee's...when I could still be working!

UPDATE....So, a tow truck arrives to take the impounded car away from the person who got arrested by the cops that came. And me, being the complete genius of the evening, decide to run out, by myself, in the middle of the ghetto Common's parking lot and ask the tow truck driver if he'll unlock my door for me (I thought this would be a very unlikely event since I look like a hot mess in some sweats, an old t-shirt, and a jacket). But, he says he'll do it for 40 bucks...well, since work forgot to put me back on payroll after my medical leave, I don't currently have 40 bucks, so I told him that and he said he'll do it for what's on me (man, this must be a good haircut). So, I count my stripper one's (j/k about the stripper part) and find out I have $17 on me. He says he'll do it and have it done in no time.

After telling him where my truck is, he tells me to hurry up and get down there so he can see exactly which one it is. So, I start running down the parking lot (which I'm sure was hilarious considering it was so cold outside that my ankle's were frozen, I'm carrying my purse, and have the stripper one's in my hand...) Now that I think about it, he probably did all this for the entertainment of it.

We get down to my car and he can't get it open. After about 25 minutes and a few paint scratches later, he gets the window down enough to unlock the door. Lo and behold, I can't find my keys in the car. (My only thought now is that I left them on the bench at Lady Foot Locker or maybe the counter. I knew I should've gone back and checked the store!!!! So much for me listening to God on this one! :( ). So, I grab roommate's key out of her coat pockets so I don't look like a complete moron, thank him, and drive down to get roommate.

So, tomorrow after work, I'll be trekking back down to Federal Way, hopefully it won't bring such fun and exciting times....

No comments: