Friday, August 15, 2008

Philippians 4:6-7

written November 14, 2006

Philippians 4:6-7 totally rocked my world tonight. In the Message Bible is states, "Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray! Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life." So I get done reading that and check it out in another Bible (CEV Version) and I got "shondied"..."Don't worry about anything, but pray for everything. With thankful hearts offer up your prayers and requests to God. Then, because you belong to Christ Jesus, God WILL BLESS YOU with PEACE that no one can completely understand. And this peace WILL CONTROL the way you THINK and FEEL." Then, I was like where's the paper, I gotta write.

***By the way, when I say "I" or "me" in this, it's totally about everyone, including YOU who are reading this.***

God has chosen to take care of me. I am a valuable belonging to Him. All I have to do is give Him complete control of my life. Once I do, He takes responsibility of ALL situations. I MUST listen to what He says. I MUST believe what He says about me, as truth. I MUST know that He is taking care of me. By doing so, He will allow His peace to flood my soul. My life. My head. No longer will I worry or be fearful, but I will know that He is the God who has delivered me. Set me free from the cares of this life. My focus is not to be on the situations of my life, but on Him. By me focusing on Him and trusting Him, He can then focus on the situations in my life without trying to get my attention. I'm not called to understand life or the blessings of God, I'm called to focus on Him. Praise Him. Worship Him. Exalt Him with my life. By giving my complete attention to Him, my heart will be comforted in who He is. My mind will be at rest in who He says I am. My thoughts will be enraptured with how great He is. And my body will be in alignment with how He created me to be. It is no longer I, but Christ who lives in me! His thoughts. His feelings. His ways. I am entirely consumed with who He is.

No comments: