Friday, August 15, 2008

It's not over

written March 30, 2007
"God is the one who began this good work in you, and I am certain that He won't stop before it is complete on the day that Christ Jesus returns." (CEV)

"Being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." (TNIV)

"There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that the God who started this great work in you would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish on the very day Christ Jesus appears." (Message)

"And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ [right up to the time of His return], developing [that good work] and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you." (AMP)

God isn't a quitter - He finishes what He starts. Creation - He finished and it was GOOD. Jonah - even though he ran from God, God pursued Him and His will was done. Moses - kept giving excuses but God said, "No, everything you need is in Me. So just take what I'm giving." Jesus - "It is finished!" Everyone says, "It's not over til the fat lady sings." Really, it's not over til the God of ALL says so. There are so many times when I don't feel like God is here, working in me. But, those are the times He's standing back, watching His creation, seeing what alterations need to be made. I must remember that I'm not ran by my feelings, I'm ran by what the Word of God says, the truth of my Creator, which means I will not quit!

Father, I thank You for choosing me. I thank You for being persistent and not giving up on me. I trust in You to complete me. I surrender every thought. Father, may my thoughts be Your thoughts, my actions Your actions, and my love Your love. You didn't quit so neither will I; until I hear You say, "It's is finished, my good and faithful servant." Father, I praise You for being the strength of my life. You are so amazing. Peace...

No comments: