Friday, August 15, 2008

Prepare for the best!

written January 18, 2006

Wow! Its been a year since I moved out here. And what an amazing year it has been. From finding myself to breaking off things and people to let them go, it seems like Ive done it all. But I know that I havent. I know that this year is going to be much better. Its funny how God is sometimes. Hell take us to a point, away from everything, where we absolutely need Him and all we can do is call on Him. And then when we do, He takes us on the most awesome ride ever! I faced some tough things this past year. I had to learn to be completely on my own which mind you, Im still learning to this day! Lol I had to let go of the closest person to me, which at the time seemed impossible. Now, I look back and Im very greatful that I did. No, I dont regret the 3 years we had together, they were great; but we just werent going the same directions.

My focus this past year was on my relationship with God and anything that didnt add to that, I tried my best to separate from. In that process, I lose some people that were important to me, but its definitely been worth it. Ive also gained some amazing people in my life. People who are constantly challenging me to go to a higher level something I lacked before people who serve and love God with everything they have. From people Im with one-on-one, to the Wednesday night crew at The Bees; you have all challenged me to change one way or another. Yes, we may not be that close or anything, but by observation, Ive learned something from each one of you. I cant wait to see where this next year takes us, not only as friends, but as a church.

I also began a new job last year. Its had its ups and downs, but what job doesnt? The past few months have definitely been a time to step it up to the next level and be that excellent assistant. Im not sure what the next few months will bring, but Im giving this my all. I get a lot of people that ask why I do what I do when I could work in the secular world and make a heck of a lot more. And you know, I cant really explain it. No, I cant just go out and purchase whatever I want (and for being a technology junkie, its been hard on me this past year J), but I know that what I do by assisting Bill directly helps changes lives for eternity now thats what drives me to awake each morning. Yeah, most of the time I dont interact with people directly, but I do the behind-the-scenes work so that Bill can. Every flier that I create or class that I organize helps someone grow in their walk with God and that is what I love so much about this. I can really see doing this forever. But if not God, I place it in Your hands.

Thats another thing Ive definitely learned this year just give it to God. I use to worry about every little thing but then I realized that its just not worth it. Make a decision and then go with it like there was never another option! All thats done when your sitting around wondering What could have been if is youre wasting time! Time that you could be using to help others grow and change.

Im so looking forward to this next year. The intimate times with god, the great people Ill come in contact with, the further Ill be along in this journey of lifeand Im excited to see what God does in the lives of my friends. 2006 for me is going to be a time to mix things up. To do things that stretch myself to that next level in all areas of life physically, socially, emotionally, but most importantly, spiritually. For a long time, God was on the back burner. I went to Him only when I needed something, not knowing, all along, that He was all I needed. But when I started losing things, like the comfort of home, love, and meaning, I found the best thing ever! A true relationship with God. I realized that He is all Ill ever need. Yes, I have dreams and goals that I will achieve and yes, I do want to get married someday. But thats not my stage of life right now. Right now is my season of preparation. Preparation in every area of my life. The other day some of us were talking about our goals for this year. Yes, I have the typical goals of becoming more healthy and more financially secure, but I think its all summed up in one sentence. TO PREPARE FOR THE BEST. Many times we think to prepare for the worst, but its time to start preparing for the best! I am Gods kid and He wants to give me the best. But, He will only do so when I have become trustworthy with what I have already been entrusted with. The skills and goals Ive already been given will flourish into much more as I serve God in every area of my life.

Of course, its easy to say all of this with it being the new year and everyone hyping about New Years Resolutions, but Im serious about this. 2006 is going to be a different kind of year. I grew so much in 2005 and Im excited to see where Gods going to take me in 2006. Im Yours God. The giftings and talents Youve given to me, I use them to glorify You. Help me to truly live a lifestyle of outreach. I want to live to know You and to show others how great it is knowing You. Im willing to do what it takes to be prepared for the best. Whatever it takestimesacrificeanything. I love You, Father, and my desire is to help others passionately live the life Youve given them. Thank you for all the experiences of 2005 and basically everything Youve brought to me my entire life. Ive learned so much about You and about life in general during the past year and Im ready to take it and start doing something with it this year. Whatever it takes, Im preparing for the best!

No comments: